Clock Plugin Question

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
MourningStar

Clock Plugin Question

Post by MourningStar »

I have a date-time Rainmeter skin (image attached) to be always topmost of whatever app/media player/game etc. is running. It is configured to display in 24 hour mode. An older version of gPhotoshow I have been using allows it to display during the slideshow/screensaver but as I continue to evaluate the pro version I discovered pro does not allow it to display. Thoughts?

Relative to this, if this issue cannot be resolved here or thru Rainmeter support I would request that perhaps a 'digital' clock skin with 24-hour option be added. -thank you.
Attachments
2023-09-18_100940.jpg
2023-09-18_100940.jpg (8.01 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Clock Plugin Question

Post by gpb »

Hello,
gPhotoShow by default sets itself as always-on-top but I don't think this is the problem, if rainmeter is not able to display its applet on gPhotoShow when it runs as slideshow it is possible the issue is related to OpenGL, try the DX version, maybe rainmeter works better with it.
If the issue is with the screen saver then the issue much more complex since windows starts the screen saver on its own desktop and all running apps can't see it, if rain meter doesn't have a special code to deal with this desktop it will not be able to display anything over a screen saver.

About time display in gPhotoShow, it displays time according to system settings or 24 hours format, check "Infomation" page Display Current Time -> Settings
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Thx 4 reply.

thank you for pointing out that Information section. With this I will not need the clock plugin. However, I would like to request that the time display the seconds as well. Unless there is a setting for this that I've not discovered yet.

I am liking this pro version more and more and your prompt responses show this community real class and professionalism to your work.

great job sir,
-Marc.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

gpb wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:10 pm ...it is possible the issue is related to OpenGL, try the DX version, maybe rainmeter works better with it.
Update :

I installed the DX version and your suspicion was correct. The rainmeter clock skin appears. However, DX version does not contain the plugins. I really like the addition of the plugins so I will likely proceed with the OpenGL version and the workaround I have implemented. Still desire the display of seconds but not a showstopper in either case.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Plugins work also with the DX version but you have to install them separately, you can download the plugin you wish from the plugins page
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

gpb wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:10 am Plugins work also with the DX version but you have to install them separately, you can download the plugin you wish from the plugins page
Oh, did not know that, great!

any comment/thoughts on display of seconds to the Information page time settings?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow doesn't display seconds for time, time display was designed before DirectX/OpenGL and it can't update the time every second while loading images there will be pauses of a few seconds between one update and the next
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

gpb wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:09 am gPhotoShow doesn't display seconds for time, time display was designed before DirectX/OpenGL and it can't update the time every second while loading images there will be pauses of a few seconds between one update and the next
understood - what about the day name and year? Can this be added?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

In the window where you configure time display you can also configure date, there are several formats available
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

perfect! -thx