Automatically change your desktop background wallpaper
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro is the evolution of Wallpaper Slideshow LT, it has been improved by adding lots of new features to better handle image resize, overlay captions on the wallpapers and much more.
Try it free for 30 days !
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro is a wallpaper changer utility. It's the perfect program for displaying your favorite photos as desktop wallpaper. Wallpaper Slideshow offers you complete control of your wallpapers collection. It has lots of options that allows you to customize the way wallpapers are created, for example for each image you can decide whether it must be automatically resized to fit the screen, centered, tiled or spanned across your multiple monitors. It is also possible to overlay a calendar, text or info taken from exif/iptc/xmp fields on your wallpapers. A new wallpaper can be set on windows startup, at regular intervals or manually when you press a hotkey or double click on its icon. Wallpaper Slideshow is simple to use, intuitive and complete with full context-sensitive help.
Key features include:
- User friendly interface with full context-sensitive help
- Displays an unlimited number of images
- Displays images randomly or sequentially
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP file formats.
- Can change wallpaper automatically after a specified time period (e.g. every 60 minutes)
- Can change wallpaper on every Windows startup
- Automatically resizes images to fit your screen size, it has advanced options to limit resize of small images or to fill the screen without distorting images.
- Automatically displays frames around your images
- High quality image resize (bicubic interpolation)
- Easy subdirectory selection and files exclusion
- Easy image filtering by keyword or rating
- Display images randomly or in a sorted sequence (by file name or by file date)
- Can use a different background color for each wallpaper
- Use a system tray icon for an easy control of the software
- Ability to hide your Windows desktop icons
- Display a preview of selected wallpapers
- Multi monitor support. Each monitor can have a different wallpaper or a single wallpaper can be spanned on all monitors.
- Smooth wallpaper change using a dissolve transition effect
- Scrapbook mode. When Scrapbook is enabled wallpaper is composed by a background image and several smaller overlapped pictures. Click here to see an example
- With RssFeeds plugin WallpaperSS can download photos from most online photo galleries such as Flickr, Picasa, Panoramio, Tumblr, Smugmug and others. In addition it is possible to display news from RSS feeds over the desktop wallpaper.
- Full Flickr integration ! The Flickr plugins allows to download public and private photos from Flickr Photostreams, Groups and Sets (click to see how to use WallpaperSS as Flickr Wallpaper Changer).
- Can display custom captions with Exif,IPTC,XMP metadata support
- Can overlay on wallpapers a monthly calendar
- Can save/restore desktop icons positions
- Hotkeys to quickly change wallpaper or start the screen saver
- Images can be assigned to groups to easily and quickly switch from one set of images to another one. For example a set of images to be used when in office and another one to use when at home.
- Color Management. Wallpaper Slideshow can read and use embedded ICC color profiles and AdobeRGB exif tag
- PlugIns support
- Easy install/uninstall
Still not convinced to try Wallpaper Slideshow Pro ? Take a look at the Wallpaper Slideshow tutorial and see how easy is to configure it and how many features are available !
- New: Added comparison operators to the rating based filters
- Fixed: Hotkeys for some keys like PageUp or PageDown can't be set correctly
- Fixed: Sometimes when a game exits from full screen mode and restores the previous screen size the change is not detected
- New: Added an option to always choose the pictures for the secondary monitors from the same folder selected for the primary one.
- New: Added 5 configurable external tools, they can be used to mark photos or to edit them with your preferred program
- New: Added more hotkeys
- New: Now it is possible to set different filters for files displayed as background and files displayed as scrapbook
- New: Improved the change & exit option, now it is possible to configure WallpaperSS to change wallpaper only if the scheduled time elapsed
- New: Added a button to clear cached file list and reset the slideshow
- New: Added more hotkeys
- New: Added a menu item to rebuild current wallpaper by reloading original files
- New: Improved Plugins window
- Fixed: On windows 7 and 8 when Large Text (150%) is used wallpaper may be created with a wrong size
- Fixed: GSP coordinates are always displayed in the format degrees minute seconds
- Fixed: On Windows 8 text overlaid on images is not displayed correctly when antialias option is not enabled
- Fixed: On windows 7 when taskbar is set to autohide it flashes briefly when changing wallpaper using smooth transitions
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with Windows 8
- Fixed: Navigation in the history doesn't work correctly
- Fixed: On Windows XP removing an item from images list displays some error windows
- Fixed: When Scrapbook is enabled filters on rating and keyword always exclude all pictures
- New: Scrapbook mode. Wallpaper is composed by a background image and several smaller overlapped pictures
- New: Added another randomization option. When this option is selected WallpaperSS will choose the first file randomly, then subsequent files will be picked-up randomly in the same folder until when they are finished
- New: Added an option to first display newly added pictures in random mode
- New: It is now possible to sort automatically added files by exif date/time
- New: Drag&Drop to reorder items in the wallpapers list and other user interface improvements
- New: It is now possible to add files and folder by dragging them with windows explorer
- New: Added options to filter images for their size (width or height)
- New: Added tray menu items:
Open original wallpaper file with the associated program
Open containing folder with windows explorer
- New: Set Windows Aero Color with current wallpaper colors
- New: Added more options for automatic color calculation for wallpaper background and frame
- New: Now WallpaperSS can display the same picture on all monitors
- New: Options to combine stretch and crop to fit images to screen
- New: Stop wallpaper change timer when automatic pause is active
- New: Automatically pause wallpaper change when specified programs are running or when the computer is running with battery (laptops only)
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows 8
Comodo Internet Security (CIS) users please Read Here