Automatically change your desktop background wallpaper
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro is the evolution of Wallpaper Slideshow LT, it has been improved by adding lots of new features to better handle image resize, overlay captions on the wallpapers and much more.
Try it free for 30 days !
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro is a wallpaper changer utility. It's the perfect program for displaying your favorite photos as desktop wallpaper. Wallpaper Slideshow offers you complete control of your wallpapers collection. It has lots of options that allows you to customize the way wallpapers are created, for example for each image you can decide whether it must be automatically resized to fit the screen, centered, tiled or spanned across your multiple monitors. It is also possible to overlay a calendar, text or info taken from exif/iptc/xmp fields on your wallpapers. A new wallpaper can be set on windows startup, at regular intervals or manually when you press a hotkey or double click on its icon. Wallpaper Slideshow is simple to use, intuitive and complete with full context-sensitive help.
Key features include:
- User friendly interface with full context-sensitive help
- Displays an unlimited number of images
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP file formats.
- Can change wallpaper automatically after a specified time period (e.g. every 60 minutes) or at a specific time of the day using an internal scheduler.
- Can change wallpaper on every Windows startup
- Automatically resizes images to fit your screen size, it has advanced options to limit resize of small images or to fill the screen without distorting images.
- Automatically displays frames around your images
- High quality image resize (bicubic interpolation)
- Easy subdirectory selection and files exclusion
- Easy image filtering by keyword or rating
- Display images randomly or in a sorted sequence. Several random modes are available including a weighted randomization that allows you display some picture more often that others.
- Can use a different background color for each wallpaper
- Use a system tray icon for an easy control of the software
- Ability to hide your Windows desktop icons
- Display a preview of selected wallpapers
- Multi monitor support. Each monitor can have a different wallpaper or a single wallpaper can be spanned on all monitors.
- Smooth wallpaper change using a dissolve transition effect
- Scrapbook mode. When Scrapbook mode is enabled wallpaper is composed by a background image and several smaller overlapped pictures. Click here to see an example
- PhotoWall mode. When PhotoWall mode is enabled wallpaper is composed by a mosaic of small pictures. Click here to see an example
- With RssFeeds plugin WallpaperSS can download photos from most online photo galleries such as Flickr, Picasa, Panoramio, Tumblr, Smugmug and others. In addition it is possible to display news from RSS feeds over the desktop wallpaper.
- Full Flickr integration ! The Flickr plugins allows to download public and private photos from Flickr Photostreams, Groups and Sets (click to see how to use WallpaperSS as Flickr Wallpaper Changer).
- Can display custom captions with Exif,IPTC,XMP metadata support
- Can overlay on wallpapers a monthly calendar
- Can save/restore desktop icons positions
- Hotkeys to quickly change wallpaper or start the screen saver
- Images can be assigned to groups to easily and quickly switch from one set of images to another one. For example a set of images to be used when in office and another one to use when at home.
- Digital camera RAW files support
- Wallpaper Clock support (wcz files)
- Color Management. Wallpaper Slideshow can read and use embedded ICC color profiles and AdobeRGB exif tag
- PlugIns support
- Easy install/uninstall
Still not convinced to try Wallpaper Slideshow Pro ? Take a look at the Wallpaper Slideshow tutorial and see how easy is to configure it and how many features are available !
- New: Added an option to run an external tool on every wallpaper change
- New: Added a filter option to always use the same image as background
- New: Added documentation for command line parameters
- Fixed: Hotkeys for monitor #3 and #4 don't work
- Fixed: Improved high dpi monitors handling
- New: Optional notification when group or wallpaper change
- Fixed: Plugin settings are not loaded correctly
- New: Photo Wall collage
- New: Weighted Randomization. Now it is possible to display some files more often than others. Weights can be assigned to folders or to images with a specific rating or containing specified keywords.
- New: Metadata cache. Exif/XMP/Iptc info are now cached, after the first directory scan WallpaperSS reads metadata info only for new files.
- New: Added a window to easily set the limit for stretch/crop
- New: Added new scrapbook options
- New: Scrapbook background effect can be choosen randomly
- New: Digital camera raw files support. WallpaperSS can now load any file supported by Windows Imaging Component codecs
- New: For images smaller than screen it is posible to fill background using the same image blurred instead of a solid color
- New: Photo rating can be displayed graphically as stars
- New: Group selection can now be performed on each monitor. You can choose to display images from the same group on all monitor or set each monitor individually.
- New: Added max. number of images for each folder when files are displayed in random order but grouped by folder
- New: Keywords can be extracted from filename or file path
- New: Images can be automatically assigned to groups using keywords
- New: Scheduler. Now it is possible to change wallpaper daily or weekly according to a schedule
- New: Support for Wallpaper Clock format (wcz files)
- New: autopause when cpu utilization is above a specified limit
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Windows 10
Comodo Internet Security (CIS) users please Read Here