Flickr Wallpaper Changer- Wallpaper Slideshow Pro Plugin
How to use Flickr photos as Desktop Wallpapers
with Wallpaper Slideshow Pro and Flickr PlugIn
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro is a powerful and flexible wallpaper changer, with the help of the Flickr Plugin it can easily download photos from your Flickr account (or any other photo hosted on the Flickr servers) and set them as desktop wallpapers
The Flickr plugin allows you to download public photos from any Flickr user account and private photos from your account or from users who have authorized you to see them. The Flickr PlugIn can download from:
- Users Photostreams and Groups with filtering by tags and free text
- Users Favorites
- Latest Public Photos
- Interesting Photos of the day
First of all download and install Wallpaper Slideshow Pro and the Flickr PlugIn from the download page
Once Wallpaper Slideshow Pro and the Flickr plugin are installed you need to configure them. If this is the first time you use Wallpaper Slideshow Pro take a look at the Wallpaper Slideshow Pro Tutorial
1) Create a folder where to store photos downloaded from Flickr, for example Flickr inside your user profile
2) Open the Wallpaper Slideshow Pro configuration window and add to the list the folder just created
3) Click on Options and select Plug-Ins on the tree on the left, then double click on the "Flickr" plugin to configure it.
First of all the PlugIn must be enabled by checking the control "Enable PlugIn", then in the field labeled "Folder to store downloaded images" you must set the same folder you added in the WallpaperSS list.
If you have a Flickr account and you wish access your private photos you need to click on Authenticate and follow the authentication procedure. In any case you can download any public photo from users photostreams, groups and sets.
4) Add one or more queries. For example you can enter your Flickr username or a group name, here you can see a query on the "Natural Landscapes" group.
Since most groups and photostreams contains thousands photos you must set the maximum number of photos to download. To limit the number of photos a good idea is to enter some tags, they must be comma limited and will help to download only photos you like.
Click on the "Check" button to test the query, Wallpaper Slideshow will try to connect to Flick server and will display the number of photos selected by your query or whether there is an error.
After you added one or more queries you can close all windows by clicking on OK buttons. Wait some minutes to allow the plugin to download some photos then try to change wallpaper, you will see your Flickr photos displayed on your desktop.
Take a look at the Flickr plugin help to know more about the plugin and write us if you have any further question