Quick Start Guide
Learn how to use Wallpaper Slideshow LT in 2 minutes
In this quick start guide you will see how easy it is to use WallpaperSS to improve your desktop. If you still didn't install Wallpaper Slideshow you must first download and run the installer.
After WallpaperSS is installed and started you will find its icon in the windows notification area (or system tray) in the Windows taskbar:
Click with the right mouse button on the icon and the WallpaperSS menu will appear:
Choose "Settings" to open the configuration window:
1. Click on the Add button, then choose one of the items. For example if you wish to add just few files choose "Files...", if you wish to add a full folder you can choose either "All files in folder" or "Folder". The first option adds to the list all pictures inside the folder, in this way later you can set wallpaper properties individually for each file. If you add a folder you can't set different properties for for each file but at startup WallpaperSS will automatically find all new files you add in that folder.
2. Set Wallpaper Properties. The controls in the box labeled "Wallpaper Properties" act on the selected images ONLY. This means you first have to select one or more pictures. The easiest way to do it is to right click on the files list and choose "Select All":
Once you selected all images (or just a few of them) you can adjust wallpaper position and background color.
As position you can choose from:
- Tile: image will be repeated on the desktop. This is useful in two cases: small images or when you have a multiple monitors system and you wish a single wallpaper spanned across all monitors.
- Center: image will be centered on the screen.
- Fit to screen: image is adapted to the screen, if aspect ratio of the image is different from the aspect of the screen image will be distorted.
- Auto Fit: image is adapted to the screen but it is never distorted.
The option "A different wallpaper on each monitor" if of course active only for multiple monitors systems and allows you to have different wallpapers on each monitor.
3. Automatic change options. By using the controls in the box labeled "Wallpaper Change" you can choose when to automatically change your desktop wallpaper. At least one option must be selected.
4. Additional options. Click on "Options" to open a window to set further options:
The most important options here are:
- Run at system startup. When enabled WallpaperSS starts together with windows so you don't have to start it manually.
- Default position and color: these settings are used only for the newly added images not for the images already in list . If you set here your preferred settings when you add new images you don't have to manually set them.
- Automatically scan folders: if enabled WallpaperSS will periodically scan all folders you added in the images list to find new images.
Click OK on both windows when you finished with your settings.
At this point WallpaperSS is configured and ready to update your desktop.
Warning: if you change position or color settings you must manually change wallpaper in order to see the changes. Until the next wallpaper change you will not see any change on the current wallpaper.
To change wallpaper manually double click on the WallpaperSS icon in the windows notification area:
If you don't like WallpaperSS you can easily remove it from your system. First close WallpaperSS (right click on its icon and choose "Exit") then from the windows control panel choose the "Add/remove programs" applet, find Wallpaper Slideshow and uninstall it.