Feature request: Improve randomness of "sometimes show a Photowall"

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
paul1965

Feature request: Improve randomness of "sometimes show a Photowall"

Post by paul1965 »

After 9 years, I finally decided to upgrade to the latest version of GPS Pro and I really like some of the new to me features. One of my favorites is the option to "sometimes display a photowall" and specify the number of images for each row. However, I don't think it happens randomly enough. I don't necessarily need to see the last 9 portrait images in a photowall immediately after they've been displayed. Is there any plan on increasing the randomness of when the photwall is displayed?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Improve randomness of "sometimes show a Photowall"

Post by gpb »

Hello,
the option to "sometimes display a photowall" builds a photowall with displayed images. When photowall is complete it is displayed like a normal image. The frequency depends on the number of images, if you set 3 images per row a photowall will be displayed about every 9 pictures.
There is no random factor and only way to increase its frequency is to reduce the number of images
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
paul1965

Re: Feature request: Improve randomness of "sometimes show a Photowall"

Post by paul1965 »

Thanks, I'll drop it to 2 images and see how it works. I guess when I see the word "sometimes", I expect it will happen occasionally or more randomly. Not after every 9 images (when set to the default 3 per row).