Google Connect Plug in usage tips?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
leehopkins

Google Connect Plug in usage tips?

Post by leehopkins »

I recently discovered the Google Connect Plugin. It is a fantastic addition to the screensaver keeping me from having to copy thousands of photos locally. However, I often find myself wondering "what's that a photo of?"

Since the plugin copies online album files to a local folder, I'm trying to get more meaningful information from each image. Changing the screen saver to display date taken vs date written helped a lot. Now I at least know when the photo was taken.

Is there a way to get more data from each image? Perhaps the Google Album the file was taken from? "Trip to Germany 2022" would be great. These names are fully exposed when I fire up the plug in but I can't find it written locally.

Ideally, I'd love to tap into the location data that is stored in the google cloud.

Thanks in advance
Lee
Denver, Colorado

PS, any tips on searching your forum. It won't allow me to search for "google connect" as the words are too common even in quotes.
Last edited by leehopkins on Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Google Connect Plug in usage tips

Post by gpb »

Google Connect plugin can get title and description from downloaded images ad add them to gPhotoShow description, this could be useful only if your uploaded files had a meaningful name or if you edited image names.
Current version can't add album name because of the way images are searched now the plugin only keeps album IDs not their names.
Maybe in a next version I could also add album names.

About forum search, I am aware the issue, unfortunately is is standard component and can't be changed. Only solution is to perform a site search using google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=google+ ... m%2Fforums
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
leehopkins

Re: Google Connect Plug in usage tips?

Post by leehopkins »

Thank you sir for your prompt reply. I would certainly love the album name feature in a future release.