end slideshow

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
quirin

end slideshow

Post by quirin »

is it possible to stop the slideshow/screensaver after a certain number of images?
is it possible to stop the slideshow/screensaver with some kind of fadeout or fade all images to a background colour?

thx,
Q
gpb
Site Admin

Re: end slideshow

Post by gpb »

quirin wrote:is it possible to stop the slideshow/screensaver after a certain number of images?
A slideshow can be configure to exit when all images have been displayed. This function is not available for the screen saver because a screen saver is supposed to run continuously and even if it closes window starts it again after some time.
quirin wrote:is it possible to stop the slideshow/screensaver with some kind of fadeout or fade all images to a background colour?
This function is not available and probably it is not so useful. Normally when you want to close a program you wish it closes as fast as possible, adding a fadeout would slow down program exit and after the fadeout in any case the desktop will be displayed without any transition.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
quirin

Post by quirin »

i just use the screensaver as an overlay on a video wall that appears from time to time.
so far i go over scheduled events to start and stop the screensaver in a certain time period.
just thought there might be a more elegant way to do so.

last question:
in the "Multiple Monitors" panel there is an option:
"Synchronized image change(...)" that i cannot pick. it is always grayed out for me. Is there any special condition i need to setup in order for this to work.
i"m running version 7.1.1

thx,
Q.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

quirin wrote: last question:
"Synchronized image change(...)" that i cannot pick. it is always grayed out for me. Is there any special condition i need to setup in order for this to work.
That option depends on several other settings, for example if you selected Pan&Zoom that option is only available when the option "Image change at end of each movement" is not ticked. If using DirectX transitions it is available when "Each monitor has its own timing" is not ticked. If using Standard 2D transition it is never available.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
quirin

Post by quirin »

that makes it more clear, thx
Q
quirin

Post by quirin »

Ciao Gianpaolo

sorry for bothering so much - i really like your software, but sometimes i would still like to tweak it a little more.
in the file options i can choose "Show files in random order but grouped by folders" - but this doesn't mean that the folders are selected sequentially!?
so for example i wanna show first all images in folder "1" and then all images in folder "2", from my tests sometimes folder number 2 is shown before folder 1.
what i would like to have is: "folders are chosen sequentially, images in the folders are displayed randomly."

Q
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

quirin wrote: in the file options i can choose "Show files in random order but grouped by folders" - but this doesn't mean that the folders are selected sequentially!?
so for example i wanna show first all images in folder "1" and then all images in folder "2", from my tests sometimes folder number 2 is shown before folder 1.
what i would like to have is: "folders are chosen sequentially, images in the folders are displayed randomly."
Hi Quirin,
When the option "Show files in random order but grouped by folders" is active gPhotoShow first chooses the folder (randomly) then chooses files inside that folder (randomly) and continues to display files from the same folder until they are finished.
The option you wish at the moment it is not available. I recorded your request but I don't if and when it could be implemented in the program.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
quirin

Post by quirin »

gpb wrote:
quirin wrote: last question:
That option depends on several other settings, for example if you selected Pan&Zoom that option is only available when the option "Image change at end of each movement" is not ticked. If using DirectX transitions it is available when "Each monitor has its own timing" is not ticked. If using Standard 2D transition it is never available.
"Synchonized image change(...)" with directX works for us in windows 7, but not in windows 8. can you confirm, is there a fix?

Quirin
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Hello, as far as I know that feature is not tied to a specific windows version so it should work also on win 8. Anyway at the moment I am out of office and for a couple of weeks I can't do any test
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com