Last image - wallpaper

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
finzi

Last image - wallpaper

Post by finzi »

Hello, on a new win 8.1 computer this feature does not work. However when I try "Preview" then the photo stays as wallpaper, but when the slideshow runs and interrupted it returns to the first photo as wall paper. Please advise. Thanks, Ron
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Last image - wallpaper

Post by gpb »

Hello,
unfortunately it seems windows 8.1 runs the screen saver with further limitations that doesn't allow it to change wallpaper. I don't know the reasons of this new limitation and I don't know if it can be disabled. Of course this doesn't happen when running as "Preview" because in this case it runs as a normal program.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
finzi

Post by finzi »

Thank you for the prompt answer.
Is this solved with the Pro version?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I did further tests, I can confirm windows 8.1 runs the screen saver under a secure desktop and it can't change the wallpaper on the user's desktop. This is not something that can be solved since it is a security feature of windows. On gPhotoShow Pro I am testing a workaround that needs a small program (ControlSS) running in the system tray. gPhotoShow Pro will send a command to ControlSS which is running on the user desktop and it will change the wallpaper. The new release with this workaround should be ready today.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
finzi

Post by finzi »

Thank you - if it works I shall definitely buy the PRO version! You deserve that after so many years that I enjoy the free version.
Another issue - will it be possible to use Hebrew fonts in the files' names?
best regards
Ron
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I just released gPhotoShow Pro 7.1.1 that should fix this issue on Windows 8.1. As I wrote before it works only if the program "Control Screen Saver" is running. gPhotoShow Pro should also support file names using hebrew alphabet since it's fully unicode.
You can try it freely for 30 days:
http://www.gphotoshow.com/gpspro_download.asp
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
finzi

Post by finzi »

Hello, Well I bought the Pro version and said problem is solved.
HOWEVER now the last image which becomes the new wallpaper gets split - the upper 15% of it goes to the botom of the screen, It does not happen while slideshow is running, and also it happens only on the primary laptop monitor (I work with two monitors.
Please advise,
Thanks again
Ron Finzi
finzi

Post by finzi »

gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Starting from windows 8 Microsoft changed the way windows handles the desktop wallpaper, gPhotoShow should correctly create the bitmap for windows 8 but in your case it seems it doesn't detect window 8 or windows 8.1 handles some monitor alignment in another way. How is your monitor setup ? Secondary monitor is not the left or on the right ? How is it aligned to the primary one ?
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

After some time spent testing several configurations I think I reproduced the issue, please download and install this gPhotoShow Pro version and let me know if the issue is fixed:
http://www.gphotoshow.com/files/gpsprosetup-7111.exe
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com