Dual Monitor setup/slideshow

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
synergism

Dual Monitor setup/slideshow

Post by synergism »

On a dual monitor setup, can I play a slideshow on one monitor fullscreen while I am on another monitor using another program (doing post on photoshop)?

Just to confirm, will the slideshow automatically play new images as new images continuously come into the folder (after I'm done editing them and save them to said folder)?

I wanted to do this in adobe Lightroom however as soon as you click on a different program, the slideshow completely stops. Basically I'd have to quickly edit and then play the slideshow again making it completely inconvenient.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Dual Monitor setup/slideshow

Post by gpb »

Hello,
gPhotoShow can display the slideshow only on secondary monitors while you are working on the primary one. You can find the setting on the "Multiple monitors" page of the configuration window. gPhotoShow will automatically detect new images added to the folder. For best results you will probably have to configure a periodic "Files list synchronization" ("Files options" page).
If the slideshows exits while you are working you will have to change the exit conditions, go to the "Slideshow options" page and un-tick the option "Mouse move" near the top of the page. In this way you will have to click inside the gPhotoShow window to close it but it should prevent any unwanted exit.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
synergism

Post by synergism »

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I did do everything as said and it is working. I should have mentioned that I am using 3 monitors however.

My setup:

Primary monitor: image processing
Secondary: show's fullscreen image to client
3rd: (would like to) Updating slideshow of all images in a folder

When I tried doing this, the moment I started the slideshow, both secondary monitors starting playing slideshows (both different displaying different images at the same time which is awesome) however it made me lose the client monitor.

How can I achieve what I'm trying to do?

Wish I had tested this out before making my purchase lol..
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

To run the slideshow on a single monitor is possible but you need to start gPhotoShow with command line parameters.
First of all create your slideshow and save the settings as .gss file, then make a copy of the shortcut "gPhotoShow SlideShow Maker" you should have on your desktop.
Right click on the shortcut and choose properties. Now edit the field with the executable name (....\gPhotoShow.exe) and add at the end:
/m2 /s c:\myfolder\myslideshow.gss

Of course you will have to change c:\myfolder\myslideshow.gss with the real name of your .gss file. The parameter /m2 controls the monitor where the slideshow is displayed, /m2 should display the slideshow on the first secondary monitor, if it is not the one you want try with /m3 or /m1
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
synergism

Post by synergism »

That worked. Thank you, Gianpaolo. :thumbup: