Controlling when video files play in the sequence of image files and folders

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
AngelicInterface

Controlling when video files play in the sequence of image files and folders

Post by AngelicInterface »

Hi again - I am making a screensaver with many jpg files and a few video files.
I have set the folders to play sequentially and the files within the current folder to play randomly.

Regarding what order the jpgs and video files will play in:
I though that the videos would play only when the folder that they are in is reached sequentially.
What I am finding now though is that the screensaver first plays ALL the video files
(in order of their folders) and then begins playing the jpg files.

Is there some way to NOT play all the video files first,
but to make them conform to the same rules as the jpg files do?

Ideally what I was setting up was enough folders so that I could place video advertisements inbetween the slide collections, like this:
Folder one: Video advertisement
Folder Two: jpg slides
Folder Three: Video advertisement
Folder four: jpg slides
Folder five: Video advertisement
etc etc

Can it be done?
Can the time of playing of videos be controlled or does gPS always play all the videos before the image slides?

Thanks ~ Dan V
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Controlling when video files play in the sequence of image files and folders

Post by gpb »

Hello,
gPhotoShow builds a single files list with all files, it never plays first video or images, they are always mixed according to the sorting rules.
If you set the option to choose folder sequentially then files randomly gPhotoShow will work in that way. Please note that folders will be sorted alphabetically.
I did a quick test with folder having these names:
Odd folders contain images, even folder contain a video. gPhotoShow plays them in the expected sequence, also the standalone slideshow displays them in the same sequence.
Maybe you didn't configure something or you have more than one monitor (in this case every monitor has its own files list).
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
AngelicInterface

Re: Controlling when video files play in the sequence of image files and folders

Post by AngelicInterface »

Thank you. I will do more testing.
I thought that was the way it worked,
but then suddenly it started playing all the videos first and I tried a lot of settings without affecting it.
I will simplify the folder names as that might help.