SCR install not obeying settings

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
AngelicInterface

SCR install not obeying settings

Post by AngelicInterface »

Hi again ~
1) I installed the Audio Volume plugin, it works fine with gPhoto installed,
but with the exported file it does not work. Yes I ticked the box saying 'Include Enabled Plugins'.
Clicking the keys I set to raise (/) and lower (\) the volume ends the slideshow.

2) With the exported scr file: often (but not always although it seems locked into it now) with two monitors, the same image shows on both screens, and even though the order of images is set to random, and it is NOT set to display the same image on each monitor.
This seems to happen at the beginning because one monitor is playing a video, and when the video ends and the next slide comes on, the other monitor then shows the same slide next.
Once they are locked together they stay together until the screensaver is exited and entered again.
I can make a video recording of this if you want to see the problem in action. It really almost forces the images to be the same on the two monitors (although they sometimes transition with one following a few seconds after the other). :|

Thanks ~ NDV
AngelicInterface

Re: SCR install not obeying settings

UPDATE: I just realised that when it shows the same image on the two screens it is in alphabetical order by file name instead of the 'random' that it is set to. This problem was not there at first when I imported and tested the scr file, but then I could not get rid of it.
However - I think I have found the problem. If I load a different screensaver and then come back to the problem one the issue is fixed and it resumes with random images on both monitors. The problem begins again if I use a hotkey to restart the slideshow. From then on they are locked together in alphabetical order. Any chance you can fix this? Otherwise I guess I will remove the hotkey option to restart the show :|

Another small note: somwtimes even the ESC key does not fully end the screensaver and has to be pressed twice. And sometimes the music continued to play until I pressed more keys.

By the way it is a Windows 10 machine with pretty powerful specs and 2 monitors.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Hello,

1) Did you create the installer and installed the screen saver on the target computer using that installer ?
2) The created screen savers works in the same way as gPhotoShow, the code is the same, there are small differences because settings and images are included in the executable. For this reason I find rather weird that the slideshow changes from random to sequential. Are you sure about this ? Did you create and deployed again the screen saver ?
From the you last message it seems the issue is related to the restart hotkey.
Anyway I need a log file created by the screen saver. When creating the screen saver tick the option "Enable error logging". Then after the screen saver executed for a while and you noticed the issue get the log file from :
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\YourScreenSaverName

About displaying the same image on both monitors it can happen when the slideshow is restarted.
About closing the screen saver, what you noticed can happen when using media player, sometimes it is slow to close, it can't be fixed.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
AngelicInterface

Thanks for your reply - I will do some more testing and report in the next few days.