Multiple Monitors

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
TimmyLee

Multiple Monitors

Post by TimmyLee »

I'm loving this program and using it daily. Today, however, for some reason my multiple monitors started showing the same image at the same time which is not what we want. I haven't made any changes except to enable sub folders. I'm not sure if it matters or if it's even relevant, but I went in and unchecked them all, then added them one folder at a time instead of add subfolders in one swoop and it seemed to have fixed it. Is this common?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Monitors

Post by gpb »

Folder list has nothing to do with what is displayed on the monitor.
If the same image is displayed on both monitors there are two possibilities:
- in windows the second monitor is set as a clone of the primary one
- In the multiple monitors page of gPhotoShow pro "Display method" has been set to display the same image on all monitors
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee »

Ok thanks. I was able to resolve that issue by realizing that when you toggle the directory to select the sub-folders, you apparently must then untoggle the main directory or apparently they will be duplicated the same on both screens.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

TimmyLee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 am I was able to resolve that issue by realizing that when you toggle the directory to select the sub-folders, you apparently must then untoggle the main directory
I don't understand what you mean exactly, I can only underline again that gPhotoShow automatically scans the configured folders and all subfolders, if you add folder c:\mypics and it contains c:\mypics\one and c:\mypics\two you must only add c:\mypics NOT the subfolders otherwise you will get duplicate images
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee »

Apparently I don't either. I had come to the conclusion, somehow, that if you don't select the sub-folders it would not include them. Apparently it does. I'm not quite sure why you would then have an option to include them if they already would be. But glad to see that works. Thanks!