Photowall Request: Full Page Photowall Slides

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
NeoAlucard

Photowall Request: Full Page Photowall Slides

Post by NeoAlucard »

This was an idea I had, a feature that would show a certain number of random images from one folder before switching folder. [/s]

For example:
gPhotoshow would randomly grab Folder A, only show 20 images from Folder A, then switch to a different folder to show 20 more images.

The feature could be made to have the number of images shown per folder be customizable. I came up with this idea while playing with the scrapbook feature that has a similar concept. Do you think it's something that could be possible?

Welp, Just found out that feature was already in so you can ignore that, Great Job!
I do have a different idea though, for a different form of Photowall. Instead of having a Photowall that's constantly moving, how about a Photo Wall that acts similar to a normal image. It would generate an image from a batch of photos, hold on that for x amount of minutes, and then switch to a new page of photos?

So it would start and hold on this,

Before switching to this:

Would that be doable?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Photowall Request: Full Page Photowall Slides

Post by gpb »

Hello,
thank you very much for your feedback.
Yes, a fixed photowall may be implemented in future. It was not done until now because building a photowall takes time, on a fast computer may not be important but a photowall with 10-20 photos on a slow computer could take 20-30 seconds and usually people doesn't want to wait so much time between images.
For now you can only set the option "Sometimes display a photowall", this option means that while gPhotoShow displays photos normally when a photowall is completed it will be displayed. If you set 3 pictures for raw it will displayed every 9 pictures.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
NeoAlucard

Re: Photowall Request: Full Page Photowall Slides

Post by NeoAlucard »

That's cool to know! I wouldn't mind waiting 20-30 seconds for the images to load, but I can see that some wouldn't want to wait.
If you ever are able to make that feature, know that I will be looking forward to it!