Games disable screensaver, GTA V, RDR2

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
oneman_193738yh

Games disable screensaver, GTA V, RDR2

Post by oneman_193738yh »

Some games are disabling my screensaver. Examples are Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2. I am using the 2D settings. Windows 11 Pro. I have also enabled System Idle Detection. Pro version.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Games disable screensaver, GTA V, RDR2

Post by gpb »

Hello,
Ok I understand the issue but why are you writing this here?
If a game disables the screen saver complain with game author, this issue has nothing to do with gphotoshow and there is nothing we can do about it.
Anyway it's rather common that programs displaying something on the screen disable screen and standby, also video players do it
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
oneman_193738yh

Post by oneman_193738yh »

I was hoping there would be a way to override the disabling with gphotoshow, rather than contact each game dev. For example, an option to periodically check to see if it is disabled, then automatically re-enable it. As a workaround, I am using a macro to re-enable gphotoshow, after the games have started.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Unfortunately it is not possible to automatically enable the screen saver because gPhotoShow only runs when screen saver is enabled and windows runs it. If screen saver is disabled gPhotoShow will never run and can't detect it's disabled.
It's a catch-22 situation. It can only be fixed by an external program or script.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com