Silent install hangs

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
pramagost

Silent install hangs

Post by pramagost »

Using Inno to build a SCR with EXE installation packakge. Inno offers a VERYSILENT installation option. However, when using it the installation opens the Windows Screen Saver Settings window after it has completed installing at the end and the installation just hangs there waiting for the window to be closed before completing installation. I was able to observe this behavior when I did a regular install without the silent parameters. I'd hoped the silent parameters would prevent the screen saver settings box to popup at the end but it does not.

The installation waiting until the screen saver window is closed doesn't work when I'm deploying the installation using the SYSTEM account as the end user logged in doesn't see it. I don't want the end user to get any prompts. The software installs fine and configures the Windows screen saver setting to use it. The problem is the installation opening the Screen Saver Settings window after that is causing my deployment software to report it failed to install because it just hangs at the window before closing the installation file. Is there a way to prevent the installer from popping the Screen Saver Settings window at the end?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Silent install hangs

Post by gpb »

Try to remove the 2 rundll32 lines in the [Run] section of the .iss file, then compile again the installer with innosetup.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
pramagost

Re: Silent install hangs

Post by pramagost »

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly.