File Synchronization Integer

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
joShu

File Synchronization Integer

Post by joShu »

Why is File Synchronization an integer?
Or, why not an option to synchronize every second?

I understand that could be a problem with a large picture-library.
But what if my library only has one picture?

Idea:
My music player (MusicBee) outputs the current song's CD picture to c:\CD.jpg every time the song changes. I was hoping to use gPhotoShow to show this picture ... but also I do not want a long delay (e.g. 1 minute) to see the new picture.

Thank you
gpb
Site Admin

Re: File Synchronization Integer

Post by gpb »

Hello,
gPhotoShow has been designed as slideshow, probably it isn't the best tool to instantly display an image copied to a folder.
In your use case you will not have to wait one minute, you have a single picture, gPhotoShow by default scans the configured folders at the end of the slideshow, this means that after displaying the single picture it will scan the folder.
But since gPhotoShow is unable to display an image as soon as it is created in the directory it monitors, you will need to configure a low display time so gPhotoShow will continuously work to scan the directory and display a file that rarely changes. As I wrote it is probably not the best program for this task
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
joShu

Re: File Synchronization Integer

Post by joShu »

Actually, gpb, that is an easy solution that works perfectly:
(instead of changing the file sync time) configure a low display time
I had not thought to try that. Thank you, Gianpaolo.

If anyone else also wants to have a screensaver of their current music, here are the steps I used:

1. Install MusicBee.
2. Install the MusicBee NowPlaying plugin.
3. Configure the plugin to save your "album artwork" to some folder.
4. Configure gPhotoShow : use that folder only, set the display time to 1 second.

Notes:
- What is extra-nice is that gPhotoShow will only show the transition when the picture changes, not once per second.
- If your song's file does not have any album artwork (or if MusicBee cannot automatically find any on the internet) then the screensaver will be blank.