Photos shown twice after windows 10 was installed

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
1976kjell

Photos shown twice after windows 10 was installed

Post by 1976kjell »

Hi. Gphotoshow is a very cool screensaver, I have been using that for years

But after my PC got windows 10 instead of windows 7, the photos are shown twice. I have deleted the program and downloaded it again, but it doesnt help

And the folder is not chosen twice in the settings

What can be the reason?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Photos shown twice after windows 10 was installed

Post by gpb »

Hello,
the most common reason is that each folder is entered twice in the list. Otherwise gPhotoShow only display each photo once until the slideshow is restarted. Hoever it is possible the slideshow gets restarted but without a log file from gPhotoShow it's hard to say what happens there.
To enable error logging go to the About section of the gPhotoShow configuration window and tick the option "Enable error logging...". Start gPhotoShow then when you see a duplicated pictures take a note of its files name (configure gPhotoShow to display file name), stop the slideshow, open again the configuration window and from the About tab click on the Open button, save it to a location of your choice and send it to me as an email or pm and write the name of the duplicated photo.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
1976kjell

Post by 1976kjell »

Thanks for the help so far

Didnt fint an Open button under the about tab in settings, and either not a way to send you a PM or email

Clicked "Enable error logging" but the name of the file didnt change, I assumed it should de some extension in the end of the name including some errorinfo

3 photos are atached to show what I mean. One of them is of an photo in the photoshow with the filename
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I noticed only now that you are using the free version, with that version you only have the option to enable error logging then you must open the following folder to get the log file gPhotoShow.log:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\gPhotoShow

Display of hidden files and folder must be enabled.
To send a PM or email click on the small icon on the right, next to the label "Contact:"
BTW, I can't see any image attached to your post.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
1976kjell

Post by 1976kjell »

Hi. I didnt find any small icon on the right side next to the label "contact"

A photo is included in this post which shows the view of your profile where I cant fint any small icon

Forgot to click "place inline " in the earlier post. 2 of these photos is also included

Have found the error file in appdate, but have to find a way to send it to you
GPB.jpg
GPB.jpg (207.51 KiB) Viewed 11137 times
Photo1.jpg
Photo1.jpg (278.56 KiB) Viewed 11137 times
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (714.42 KiB) Viewed 11137 times
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

This version of phpbb is buggy and doesn't allow new users to send PM unless the admin manually allows them. Now you should be able to send PM.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Thanks for the log. Please check the folders you entered in the gPhotoShow list, there are 2 folders and one of them include the other this causes the duplication.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
1976kjell

Post by 1976kjell »

Have been looking at the folders now. Tried to remove google auto backup map, but that didnt help. If I choose a smaller map, it works as it should. But if I choose "my pictures" (C:\Users\Kjell\Mypictures), the complete folder "C" is shown on the screen, and then the pictures are not shown twice. So now the problem isnt that the pictures are shown twice, but that another folder than the one in the list is shown
Something is wrong, with my PC or with the program. A picture that shows that the complete folder is showing is included

Thank you for also helping an user that is using the free version
rsz_sam_5857.jpg
rsz_sam_5857.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 11113 times
1976kjell

Post by 1976kjell »

Have now worked a bit with this problem. It seems that when the folder that is used contains both subfolders and singel pictures, totally approximatly 23000 jpg files, the gPhotoshowsystem takes all pictures in the "c" folder in the showing. Tha same happens if the singel pictures in an own folder is chosen in settings as folder nr 2. If the folder that is chosen in settings in gphotoshow only contains folders, it works as it should.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

From the log you sent I see there is a shortcut to the folder c:\users this makes gPhotoShow to scan that folder in addition to the one you added in the configuration window. This may causes image duplication.
You should either find and remove the shortcut or disable the option "Include in file search shortcut to folders"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com