Multiple screensavers/folders by Category

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Stamimail

Multiple screensavers/folders by Category

Post by Stamimail »

This is my problem:
http://www.eightforums.com/customizatio ... post202397

How can I launch the screensaver of the prefered folder ?
Thank you, Stamimail
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Multiple screensavers/folders by Category

Post by gpb »

Hello,
I am sorry but I didn't understand exactly your requirements. Normally a screen saver is started by windows when the computer is idle. How do you think to set your preferred folder ?
Anyway here is what gPhotoShow Pro can offer you: gPhotoShow Pro installs an utility called ControlSS, it displays an icon in the system tray and allows you switch gPhotoShow Pro configuration on-the-fly. In this way you could prepare several gss files (gPhotoShow configuration files) and let ControllSS switch them automatically or you can choose them manually using its context menu.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

gpb wrote:Normally a screen saver is started by windows when the computer is idle. How do you think to set your preferred folder ?
Hi, I'm using currently a shortcut of PhotoScreensaver.scr on my desktop to run my preferred folder as a screensaver. The problwm is PhotoScreensaver.scr lets to configure only 1 folder...
gPhotoShow Pro doesn't seem to be my solution. I'm looking for a simple solution, as a simple script, instead of software running in background.
BTW, I found more 2 ways better than PhotoScreensaver.scr to watch a folder as a screensaver:
1. In toolbar of Windows Explorer when there is a photos folder there is a "Slide Show" button.
2. Windows Live Photo Gallery is the best folder screensaver/slideshow I've found.
As I said, My problem is to find a way to make it work by creating a script/shortcut to each folder.
Thank You.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

It seems you don't need a screen saver but a slideshow to start when you wish. In this case gPhotoShow Pro offers several ways to display slideshows, it can run a slideshow with a double click on the settings file or you can start it with a folder name on the command line to display the content of a specific folder. Another easy solution: simply right click on a folder and choose "Start slideshow with gPhotoShow".
It mostly depends on what you wish to do.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com