Command Line Switches ?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here

Command Line Switches ?

Post by 256 »

Several years ago I wrote some scripts that called gPhotoShow. In looking at the command line switches I used there is one that I can now find no documentation on, namely "/w:".

I figured out what the 1st 4 csv numbers after the switch are for, but not the last one (yet).

I'm wondering if there's a central location that documents all command line switches/parameters?

I found documentation on the /c, /s, /f, /r switches in the help file under "Slide Show Maker" and on the /m and /q switches under "FAQ".

But oddly, I found nothing on /w. Now I'm wondering where I got it from and if there are other non-documented switches?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Command Line Switches ?

Post by gpb »

You can find the documentation of all command line switches in the file MCommandLine.txt installed by gPhotoShow in c:\programs files\gphotoshow, anyway here is the doc about /w switch:

/w:x,y,width,height,flags
With this command it is possible to position the gPhotoShow window at a specified position the windows virtual screen (the union of all active monitors)
x,y: Window position in pixel
width,height: Window size in pixel
flags: Settings for the gPhotoShow window
0= Default. gPhotoShow window is always on top and always tries to stay there
1= Created on top of other windows but doesn't try to stay there
2= Created as normal window
4= Visible in the windows taskbar
8= Show title bar
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

Post by 256 »

Ah, I should have looked there. Thank you!

I'd like to suggest or request if a brief mention in the help file would be possible for other users?

In the "Slide Show Maker" or "FAQ" sections where other switches are mentioned, something like "Other command line switches may be found in the MCommandLine.txt file"?

Just a suggestion...

And a compliment: gPhotoShow is by far the best application for making creative slide shows, limited only by your imagination. Thank you for offering such a useful tool!
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

You are right, I should update FAQ and help but working on documentations is so boring :)
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com