Google Connect - not working

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Google Connect - not working

Post by gpb »

From the log I can't see the settings but if the plugin is started and doesn't try to refresh files list it means there is no folder selected or the timestamp saved in the gps_gp_files.lst (in the destination folder) is set somewhere in the future.
Open the plugin settings window, select at least one item in Google Photo Album close all windows with OK, make sure destination folder is empty and start the screen saver.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I added some more traces to see if there is a problem with the timestamp, please download and install this update:
https://www.gphotoshow.com/files/Google ... PlugIn.exe
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

Strange, I tested this both on the machines and the results in the logs seem to be different, but the result is the same, no files downloaded. Attached log files from both.
Attachments
gPhotoShow-Secondary.log
(790.08 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
gPhotoShow-Primary.log
(874.82 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

log files looks the same, they are not so useful because the last refresh was performed less then 60 minutes before that run.
To get a useful log delete everything in the folder where pictures are downloaded, make sure the file gps_gp_files.lst is deleted. This file contains date/time last time plugin downloaded photo list from google, if you don't remove it the plugin will only download the list every 60 minutes.
Check the following line in the log:
[GoogleConn Plugin]: Refresh: skipped, tmLast=7/16/2020 6:24:14 AM, dif=37.00, upd=60

when there is this line nothing is downloaded until dif>60
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

I realize that, but in the Primary log when it started, that was the case - the timestamp was for the year 2000.
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

Oh, I see what happened, our log file truncates and the lines I saw where it was trying to download were before that time.
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

Well, now it started working. I think the problem is before I was selecting All Photos, which is what I've used in the past, but I tested it with a different album.
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

So I'm going back to All Photos, because that is what I want and trying again.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I see a possible reason for that behavior. When you choose "All photos" and you really have a huge number of photos it could take a long time to get the list, if you stop the screen saver before the list is downloaded it writes the timestamp and don't try again until next hour. With current release the plugin must run long enough to download the list of all photos.
For now it is better to just choose some albums.
I will see in which way I can fix this issue.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
laurin1

Post by laurin1 »

Ok, thanks.