Custom Screen layout + Filters

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Ray

Custom Screen layout + Filters

Post by Ray »

Hello!

I am running into a problem where whenever I create a custom screen layout (Via the multiple monitor tab) like this:
Screen Layout1.PNG
Screen Layout1.PNG (10.71 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
I basically split the screen into 3 sections:
0 Meant to be for video
1 For horizontal images
2 For vertical images

This in theory works great (the splitting of the screens), but the problem I am running into is that the Filters section ignores these custom created monitors and basically just maintains the original monitor configuration for a 3 x full HD screen setup, this in turn makes it not possible to configure the filters for your custom screen layout.
Note the screen position.
Filters.PNG (6.48 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
Filters2.PNG (6.39 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
Just wanted to make a note of this, as perhaps it has gone unnoticed.

Thanks! Keep up the awesome work :-)!
Ray

Re: Custom Screen layout + Filters

Post by Ray »

There is also an issue with the Filters after having split the screen into 2 parts via the split screen function. I have 3 screens, and after I split 1 screen into 2, and deactivate that option, the filter section will still keep showing the non-existing "4th split monitor"
This is the 4th monitor, which is non existent.
This is the 4th monitor, which is non existent.
FilterNonExistingMonitor.PNG (830 Bytes) Viewed 4744 times
This is the option that causes a 4th monitor to be created but not being removed after the option is deactivated.
This is the option that causes a 4th monitor to be created but not being removed after the option is deactivated.
FilterNonExistingMonitorCause.PNG (1.07 KiB) Viewed 4744 times
Thanks!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Custom Screen layout + Filters

Post by gpb »

Hello,
thank you very much for your feedback.
In your case the first issue is not a real problem, if you have 3 monitors and configure a layout with three section filters work as usual. Index 0 in layout definition is monitor 0, index 1 is monitor 1 and so on.
The real problem is when you have more sections than monitors. I will fix this issue on September.
About second issue, yes you can configure a non existent monitor but this has no effect and next time you will open configuration window it will disappear.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com