Feature request - Save/load image and Video lists

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Ray

Feature request - Save/load image and Video lists

Post by Ray »

Hi!

I think it would be very handy to have a save/load images list, and save/load Video and Animation list function. Just a simple save/load function that writes all folders, folder structure and weights to a text file or something, it then should be able to extract it in reverse for loading.

As some of my slideshows are comprised of a lot of sub folders and usually do have different weights assigned which are carefully adjusted to finely tune my slideshows. However, I also make a lot of different versions of the same slideshow, to run in different monitor modes etc, but every time I change either my folder structure the slightest, or want a different weight configuration, I then have to manually copy all sub folder and weight settings, for each different slideshow setting, which is kind of a hassle.

Many thanks in advance!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Save/load image and Video lists

Post by gpb »

With current version you can start gPhotoShow as Slideshow Maker (look for the shortcut in the window start menu)
When running as Slideshow Maker gPhotoShow main window contain 2 buttons, to save/load settings to/from files. Two specific items in the Save/Load menu allows to save and load setting used by the screen saver.
.gss files created by gPhotoShow are simple text file that could be edited by any text editor.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Ray

Post by Ray »

Cool, I did not know you could open the gss files in notepad, this is really helpful knowing this!

But the registry settings, are the settings that are used for the currently configured windows screensaver am I right? I don't normally have the windows screensaver configured (just set to none), instead I create gss files which I manually execute :).

Thanks! Keep up the amazing work :)!
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Yes, registry settings are used for the currently configured screen saver. If you don't use the screen saver simply ignore it and manually execute gss files.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com