Photowall keep resetting

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
nosnoop

Photowall keep resetting

Post by nosnoop »

I am trying to run gPhotoShow Pro in my Windows 10 mini PC (Intel Z8300 2GB RAM, 32GB drive) to use my big screen TV as digital photo frame

And when using Photowall, it would reset randomly after running a while - it pauses, goes black, and start again.
I wonder if it is from CPU over heating as it seems to the CPU load is quite high on these mini PC.

I have some log files I can send you, but as a new member of this forum, it seems I am not allowed to do that, and I can't find your email address.

Thanks for your help.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Photowall keep resetting

Post by gpb »

Hello,
a log could help but if the photowall pauses or slows down it means gPhotoShow is not able to load images fast enough to keep the scrolling speed you set. Only solutions are to set bigger images or a slower speed.
Now you are a regular user and are allowed to attach files and send pm.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
nosnoop

Post by nosnoop »

I am using the largest size 50%, but at max speed.
And it does not just pause or slow down, it resets itself.

I have attached the log files for you to take a look. Thanks!
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Thanks for log files, I just analyzed them and I noticed your pc is very slow in loading images, it takes from 2 to 5 seconds for each image, this explains the slowdown. I also found a that DirectX returns the error D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET. That error means DirectX device has been lost, usually it is caused by computer standby or monitor disconnection so gPhotoShow handles it and restarts the slideshow. In your case I don't know what can cause it.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com