new user - collage - less rows ?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
whismerhill

new user - collage - less rows ?

Post by whismerhill »

Hi,
I'm new to this product
after years of using windows 7 embedded wallpaper changer, I wanted a bit more out of that.
so I'm now in trial version

I'm trying to set it up for specific things. I have only 1 monitor so far 1680x1050 (considering changing that at some point though)
I have pictures of varying quality, jpg & png. Most are horizontal, but some are vertical

my goal is to have horizontal wallpapers as a single background
and verticals would use the "photowall" collage to display two vertical wallpapers side by side.
I have therefore setup the photowall for 2 pictures per row ... except it forces two rows which means 4 pictures instead of 2 and completely crops top & bottom of those wallpapers.
(notes : I don't mind a bit of cropping to make stuff fit nicely)
I tried scrapbook but didn't manage to make it work either for my goals.

Anyway so the main issue is that it insists on making it 4 pictures instead of just 2.
And another one : is it possible to disable or enable the photo-collage depending on : folder for example, or even orientation.... ?

Thanks for any reply.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: new user - collage - less rows ?

Post by gpb »

Hello,
I am sorry but collages (photowall and scrapbook) are not designed to do what you ask for, they build the wallpaper following specific algorithms and are not designed to align 2 vertical images.
It is not possible enable/disable collages on specific folders and probably because of the way the program is designed it can't be implemented.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
whismerhill

Re: new user - collage - less rows ?

Post by whismerhill »

Thanks for the reply.

alright then. Well good for me I'm gonna save money :p
too bad though, this program was the closest I ever got to my wishes ;)

sidenotes: when choosing to make a photowall that displays 4 pictures, and afterward selecting "Original Wallpaper File" then "View"
the program will show as if 5 pictures were used for that photowall which is not the case, that's probably a bug you might want to look into.

I'm probably gonna try the free LT version instead, hoping to remove that reminder in the middle of wallpapers.
have a nice day.