How to use Wallpaper Slideshow Pro
Quick Start Tutorial
Learn how to use Wallpaper Slideshow Pro in 5 minutes
In this quick start guide you will see how easy it is to use Wallpaper Slideshow Pro to improve your desktop. If you still didn't install Wallpaper Slideshow you must first download and run the installer.
After WallpaperSS Pro is installed and started you will find its icon in the windows notification area (or system tray) in the Windows taskbar:
If you can't find that icon the program didn't start automatically, in this case you can start it manually by using the shortcut on the desktop or in the windows start menu:
After the program is started its icon will be displayed, click with the right mouse button on the icon and the WallpaperSS menu will appear:
Choose "Settings" to open the configuration window:
1. Click on the Add button, then choose one of the items. For example if you wish to add just few files choose "Files...", if you wish to add a full folder you can choose either "All files in folder" or "Folder". The first option adds to the list all pictures inside the folder, in this way later you can set wallpaper properties individually for each file. If you add a folder you can't set different properties for for each file but at startup WallpaperSS will automatically find all new files you add in that folder.
2. Automatic change options. By using the controls in the box labeled "Wallpaper Change" you can choose when to automatically change your desktop wallpaper.
3. Additional options. Click on "Options" to open a window to set further options:
The most important options here are:
- Run at system startup. When enabled WallpaperSS starts together with windows so you don't have to start it manually.
- Default position and color: these settings are used for all the images where the option "Use Default Settings" is enabled. As position you can choose from:
Tile: image will be repeated on the desktop. This is only useful for small images, if image is bigger than the screen it doesn't have any effect.
Center: image will be centered on the screen.
Fit to screen: image is adapted to the screen, if aspect ratio of the image is different from the aspect of the screen image will be distorted.
Auto Resize : image is adapted to the screen according to the settings in the "Auto Resize" section of the Options window
- Automatically scan folders: if enabled WallpaperSS will periodically scan all folders you added in the images list to find new images.
This window has several other sections, click on the list on the left to switch them:
- General: contains general options for the program
- Auto resize: contains options for images automatically resized by Wallpaper Slideshow Pro (images where position is set to "Auto Resize")
- Images Info: contains options and settings to overlap information, caption or description over wallpapers
- Scrapbook: contains options to enable and configure snapshot scrapbook mode. When scrapbook is enabled wallpaper is composed by a background image and several smaller overlapped pictures
- Filters: contains option to include or exclude pictures based on rating, keywords or file name
- Files Options: contains options for automatically added images and whether images should be displayed sequentially or randomly
- Calendar: contains options to overlap a calendar on the wallpaper
- Plug-Ins: allows you to configure installed plugins
- Hotkeys: contains options to set system wide hotkeys to quickly change wallpaper or start the screen saver
- Groups: allows you to define groups to easily and quickly switch from one set of images to another one
- Auto Pause : contains options to automatically pause wallpaper change, for example when screen saver is active or a specific program is running
- Interface: contains options to enable/disable warning windows, error messages or remove some items from the system tray menu
Click OK on both windows when you finished with your settings.
At this point WallpaperSS is configured and ready to update your desktop.
Warning: if you change wallpaper position or color settings you must manually change wallpaper in order to see the changes. Until the next wallpaper change you will not see any change on the current wallpaper.
Hint #1: double click on the WallpaperSS icon in the windows notification area to change wallpaper
Hint #2: A single click with the left mouse button on the tray icon opens the main window