Photo Slide Show and Screen Saver Maker for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
gPhotoShow Pro is an an easy to use slide show maker and screen saver complete with transition effects and Pan and Zoom animations (Ken Burns effect). gPhotoShow Pro enables you to create your personal photo slide shows that can be played as screen saver or shared as standalone .exe slide show. gPhotoShow configuration is quick and easy, in few minutes you can point it to folders (either local or on a network share) containing your photos or video in any of the supported formats and have them displayed to your screen in random order, alphabetically or by date.
There is no limit to the number of photos or video your directories may contain. You have various options for stretching or shrinking photos and to show information like file name or Exif,IPTC,XMP info taken from the photos themselves.
You can also create photo sets, create wallpaper, pause and continue the screen saver during normal operation.
gPhotoShow Pro it's the perfect software for a Digital Photo Frame. It can be easily controlled with a keyboard (or a remote control) and can detect and display newly added photos without restarting the program and without editing the slideshow !
Screen Saver on local computer or Screen Saver Creator
gPhotoShow is a very flexible an configurable program, it can used both as screen saver on the computer where it is installed or it can be used as a slide show maker or a screen saver creator to prepare standalone slideshow (or screen savers) for distribution without the need to pay further runtime fees.
In the download page you will find some samples.
gPhotoShow Pro can read raw files generated by digital cameras, click here for more info and for the list of supported cameras
- Runs on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Pan and Zoom animation also known as Ken Burns effect
- Scrapbook mode. When Scrapbook is enabled several small pictures are overlapped over a background image
- Shows an unlimited number of photos and other supported files
- User defined filters based on image size, rating and keywords
- High quality image resize (bicubic interpolation)
- User selectable transition effects
- Adjustable transition speed
- Can display frames around pictures, simple colored frames or bitmapped frames
- Image formats : BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- Panorama file formats: JPG, IVR, PAN, MO
- Video file formats: AVI, MOV, MPG, WMV and others
- Macromedia Flash Animations: SWF
- Can display Web Pages
- Can automatically scroll panoramic images (both rectilinear and spherical)
- Can use shortcuts to folders
- Easy subdirectory selection and files exclusion
- Easy image filtering by keyword or rating
- Display images randomly or in a sorted sequence (by file name or by file date)
- Configurable delay between images
- Automatically resizes your images
- Displays information about the images (Exif,IPTC,XMP)
- Can display custom captions with Exif,IPTC,XMP metadata support
- Automatic wallpaper changer
- Plays your favorite music during slide show
- Sound formats: MID, WAV, MP3, WMA
- Multiple monitor support (up to 32 monitors)
- Slideshow can be paused and continued
- Energy Star ! With the MonitorOnOff PlugIn it is possible to automatically power-off attached monitors or switch-off the system.
- With RssFeeds plugin it is possible to display news from RSS feeds and download photos from most online photo galleries such as Flickr, Picasa, Panoramio, Smugmug and others.
- Can be used as a screen saver or a slide show creator
- Lots of configurable Hotkeys during slide show, for example it is possible to copy/move/delete currently displayed photo by simply pressing a key
- Can display descriptions stored in DESCRIPT.ION files
- Image Display time, description and text attributes can be set on each image
- Can create standalone screen savers and slideshows (.scr or .exe files)
- Can create setup program for easy screen saver distribution
- Can be used as a simple image viewer
- Pictures can be divided into categories and category displayed in the screen saver can be changed automatically
- Can be easily set as logon screen saver
- Password protection
- Easy install / uninstall
- Can be used freely for 30 days, then some advanced features will be disabled
Still not convinced to try gPhotoShow Pro ? Take a look at the gPhotoShow tutorial and see how easy is to configure the screen saver and how many features are available !
Comodo Internet Security (CIS) users please Read Here
- New: After a standalone slideshow is created gPhotoShow can optionally open an explorer window on the destination folder
- New: When using effects on scrapbook background the photo used as background is first displayed without any effect then when the first small image appears the effect is applied.
- New: Blur effect on scrapbook background
- New: Added 2 external tools and improved their configuration with optional parameters. In addition external tools can be started from the Copy/Mode window.
- New: Added option in thumbnails window to enable/disable raw files deletion and confirmation message
- New: Added an option to Pan&Zoom settings to perform image transition across the nodal point
- New: Addes support for shortcuts created by Internet Explorer 9 and 10
- Fixed: Playing audio files when a specific image is displayed doesn't work when the audio files list is empty
- Fixed: Web files can be displayed when file sort is set to date/time
- Fixed: Implemented a workaround to avoid a crash of the Quicktime ActiveX used to play mov files
- New: Added options for random modes on multiple monitors systems: 1) Always choose pictures for the secondary monitors from the same folder selected for the primary one 2) Always choose a different folder for each monitor
- New: Added an option in the "Global Exclusions" page to exclude hidden files and folders
- New: Added an option to delete companion raw file when an image is deleted, sidecar xmp file is deleted too.
- New: Added an option to avoid resetting scrapbook when navigating to next image (with hotkey or mouse).
- Fixed: gPhotoShow is unable to load images when scrapbook is enabled and there are not filters
- New: Now it is possible to set different filters for files displayed as background and files displayed as scrapbook
- New: By using filters it is possible to use scrapbook mode without a background image
- New: The hotkey to display current image filename now shows the filename for all monitors
- New: Improved Plugins window
- New: Plugins can now be used by standalone screen savers
- Fixed: Sometimes navigation to previously displayed files doesn't work correctly
- Fixed: When using DirectX transitions and scrapbook mode if a monitor is turned off gPhotoShow may crash unexpectedly
- Fixed: GSP coordinates are always displayed in the format degrees minute seconds
- Fixed: playback of video files may fail when files are stored on slow devices that takes several minutes for a directory scan. After background scan is completed files are played correctly.
- Fixed: some standard 2D transition don't work correctly on portait oriented monitors
- Fixed: On Windows 8 text overlaid on images is not displayed correctly when antialias option is not enabled
- Fixed: Nikon and Canon raw files are not rotated correctly
- Fixed: When scrapbook mode is enabled and Pan&Zoom option "Image change at the end of each movement" pan&zoom may not be performed correctly. Now this Pan&Zoom option can't be set when Scrapbook mode is enabled.
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with Windows 8
- New: Scrapbook mode. Pictures are piled up like a scrapbook
- New: Added option to first display newly added files in random mode
- New: Added options to split any monitor into a configurable number of parts
- New: Added options to combine stretch and crop to fit images to screen
- New: Added more options for automatic color calculation for frame and background
- New: Added options to filter images for their size (width or height)
- New: Added options to exclude files older or newer than a specified date
- New: Image information can be displayed for a limited time (DirectX only)
- New: Sounds can be paused together with slideshow
- New: Now it is possible to perform real pause/resume operation on sounds instead of stop/play next
- New: Pan&Zoom, zoom level now can be set at a fixed value
- New: Pan&zoom, animation nodal points can be customized
- New: Added an option to limit video play to only one file even on system with more than one monitor
- New: Added an option to start video playback from a random point (VLC Only)
- Fixed: When filters exclude a high number of files they are displayed almost sequentially
- Fixed: The option to stop sounds when video is playing often didn't work correctly
Pan and Zoom animation requires DirectX 9.0 and a compatible display adapter
To play MP3 files gPhotoShow requires Microsoft Media Player 6.0 or later. You can download Media Player freely from the Microsoft web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/download
To show Panoramas, Videos or Web Pages gPhotoShow requires Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover to show Panoramas files you need the appropriate plugins or ActiveX correctly installed.
Some features needs Microsoft GDI+, this component is part of Windows XP and can be installed also in Windows 2000. You can download the runtime files of GDI+ from the Microsoft web site or you can download it from this web site: gdiplus.exe
XMP tags can be displayed for Jpeg and TIFF files if Windows Imaging Component (WIC) is installed. WIC is already installed on Windows Vista and is included in .NET frameworks starting from v3.0. WIC can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center and installed on any computer running Windows XP SP2 or later
gPhotoShow Pro - Screen Saver Creator and Photo SlideShow Maker