Can DO? or Feature Request

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
MourningStar

Can DO? or Feature Request

Post by MourningStar »

Hi -

In Settings > Images I have several directories with recursive search checked and Stop at level set to 0.

In Settings > Images > Information I have Advanced enabled and in the Header box [File.FolderName].

I would like to be able to assign certain directories' information header to be [File.FolderName] and certain directories' information header to be [File.Name].

Can do? If not, I request feature.

-thank you.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Can DO? or Feature Request

Post by gpb »

Hello,
Unfortunately what you ask is not feasible. gPhotoShow has a single description that applies to all images
Because of the way the program is designed, it is also difficult to implement something like this
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

ok - how about this :

I set the header to [File.Name] and I have a file named Jane Smith001.jpg.

Possible to strip the '001' so the slideshow will display Jane Smith'?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow has a system for extracting substrings from metadata, however it is quite limited and is the same for all images. For example:
[File.Name,,8]
displays the first 8 characters from file name. Unfortunately there is no way to remove the last x characters or just remove any digit.

For this needs the best thing would be to use an external script perhaps using exiftool to write the description in the xmp metadata which gPhotoShow will then display
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

gpb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 am... For this needs the best thing would be to use an external script perhaps using exiftool to write the description in the xmp metadata which gPhotoShow will then display
no, too many photos to edit, even w/if batch - thx