google connect feature requests

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
leehopkins

google connect feature requests

Post by leehopkins »

I'd have dozens of albums in google photos. Is there anyway to improve the selection and deselection process? Sort by name, sort by date? "Deselect all" would be really helpful as I have to scroll up and down to find the albums that I have selected.

Secondly, I'd really love it if you could figure a way to display the photo location. All my photos are geo tagged. I'd happily pay for a tool that would allow me to see where my photos were taken.

Thanks, Lee
gpb
Site Admin

Re: google connect feature requests

Post by gpb »

Hello,
thank you very much for your feedback
leehopkins wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:05 pm I'd have dozens of albums in google photos. Is there anyway to improve the selection and deselection process? Sort by name, sort by date? "Deselect all" would be really helpful as I have to scroll up and down to find the albums that I have selected.
Album are listed in the order google server sends them, I could sort them by name but I don't think date is available or can be useful to find them.
I agree about a "Deselect all"
leehopkins wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:05 pm Secondly, I'd really love it if you could figure a way to display the photo location. All my photos are geo tagged. I'd happily pay for a tool that would allow me to see where my photos were taken.
Unfortunately this is not possible, mostly because reverse geocoding requires querying some online service (google, geonames) and while they are free for a limited number of queries this can't be done from inside a program that has thousands users. We should subscribe to paid services but costs are too high.
In addition reverse geocoding often returns more than one result and sometimes the first one is wrong. If the position is inside a city, ok the city name is usually correct but for locations far from any city it is often the opposite, returned names are quite random.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com