Adding Files ...

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
MourningStar

Adding Files ...

Post by MourningStar »

I cannot figure out how to add individual image and individual music files. I only see option for 'folders'. I wish to create topic-specific custom slideshows, not unlike making a video. I even tried drag n' drop but no joy Possible?

-thx
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Adding Files ...

Post by gpb »

Hello,
gPhotoShow pro doesn't support single files, you can only add folders to files lists the gPhotoShow will automatically scan those folders to find files
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I am sorry, my answer was not complete.

gPhotoShow has been designed to handle a large number of images for this reason you can only add folders to the pages with images/video/audio lists.
However gPhotoShow can also read shortcuts to files or text files with files list, so there a couple of way syou can add the files you wish, maybe it's a little complicated but it's a way.

Files list:
- Prepare your files list with notepad, one file name for each line, with full path (ie. c:\mydir\myfile.jpg)
- Save the text file to an empty folder, rename it with .glst file extension (make sure it has .glst extension because notepad may add .txt)
- Open gPhotoShow settings, go to Images page add the folder where you saved the .glst file
- Go to "File options" page, tick the option "Include shortcuts to files and folders.... and files lists"

With shortcuts it's more or less the same, creates shortcuts to your images inside an empty folder and add this folder to gPhotoShow
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
awesome! Not complicated at all. Just tested it and very pleased.