refreshes desktop icons

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
l-dawg

refreshes desktop icons

Post by l-dawg »

Every time the picture changes(17seconds) my desktop icons disappear and then reappear. Very frustrating when you are about to click on the icon and it's gone. I've been using this program for a number of years but the problem is new. Any ideas? Running an HP desktop with Windows 11 Home.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: refreshes desktop icons

Post by gpb »

Hello,
since WallpaperSS is always the same and always works in the same way, I guess something else changed on your system. Maybe you installed something new or updated some program. Every time WallpaperSS changes wallpaper all running programs are notified that a system setting changed, maybe a running program causes that issue because of the notification it receives
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
wjclerk

Post by wjclerk »

I have the exact same problem, but use Windows 11 Professional. I can provide my system's specs if that might be relevant, but I suspect there is a windows process of some kind along with Slideshow Pro that are interacting and causing all the icons to momentarily disappear. It would be nice to get some kind of log or something to help diagnose this for those of us experiencing it.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Changing desktop wallpaper triggers a system wide notification (settings have been changed) it is possible that some running program reacts by causing these issues.
WallpaperSS has its own log but it can't help to identify this kind of issues since it is not wallpaperss that causes desktop to flicker or icons to disappear. Maybe you can try by closing all running programs until you find which is causing this issue.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com