Wallpaper SS LT not autostarting

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Fitzwilly

Wallpaper SS LT not autostarting

Post by Fitzwilly »

Although I have the item checked, the program is not autostarting at system boot. I even created a task starting it when I logged on, but it will not run. What is strange, is that it sits in the Task manager, but consumes no CPU time, nor does the icon show on the taskbar. I have to stop the task, and manually restart the program to get it running.

Is there a fix for this?"

Sorry. I should add I'm running Windows 10, 21H2, build 19044.1387

Bill
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Wallpaper SS LT not autostarting

Post by gpb »

Hello,
as far as I know nobody else reported something like that. It is possible the issue is due to something on your system.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

I can't imagine what. I've enabled it to run as an Admin, plus all the other measures I've taken. Yet, I still refuses to run automatically and has to be started manually every time I log in.

EDIT: And, according to the Task Scheduler, the "operation completed normally - 0x00 result."

Bill
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

WallpaperSS should not be started as Admin, all settings are under current user, if you run it as admin it doesn't find it settings
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

Hmm. Interesting. I'll remove the Admin permission and see what happens. When I first installed it, it ran just fine. But right after a system update, it stopped working as it should.

I'll report back.

Bill
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

I think I've got it running correctly now. I had to set the NVIDIA Display Container service to "Delayed Start" though. What may have been happening is Wallpaper SS was starting, then getting whacked by the NVIDIA driver taking over from the boot monitor drivers. Now, WSS starts, then the NVIDIA driver kicks in and sets its own parameters. I also removed the logon task starting WSS.

Bill