gPhotoshow Pro keeps getting closed after latest Windows Update

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
NeoAlucard

gPhotoshow Pro keeps getting closed after latest Windows Update

Post by NeoAlucard »

I recently updated my version of Window. Now whenever I try to start gPhotoShow Pro, the screen with go black for a second, and then it will go back to the desktop. On some occasions, it'll show an image for a couple of seconds, freeze, and then close.

This is happening with both the 64 and 32 Bit versions, of which I have the latest version installed of gPhotoShow Pro. I've also checked Error File log but it says that the err.log doesn't exist.

I've also noticed that when I try to run gPhotoShow Pro, that the Antimalware Service Executable starts going, and only stops once gPhotoShow Pro has been forced to stop it's screensaver. I'm not sure if that's a part of the problem or not. To check, I have added the folders that gPhotoShow Pro is in as Exclusions to Windows Defender and to Malwarebytes, just in case. But I am still unable to get the slideshow going without automatically closing after a few seconds.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: gPhotoshow Pro keeps getting closed after latest Windows Update

Post by gpb »

Try to enable extended error logging in "Errors and Logging" page. Maybe with this log file it is possible to understand the cause of this problem.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
NeoAlucard

Re: gPhotoshow Pro keeps getting closed after latest Windows Update

Post by NeoAlucard »

I tried to post a copy of the Log File, but this forum say that it "Contains too many URLs" for me to be able to upload a copy of it.

On the flip side, I've figured out the problem. The Weather Plug-in I was using was old. Version 1.3.1 was what I had and that was what was causing the crash. I've now updated to 1.4.1, and the crashes have now stopped. Thank you for your help, I wouldn't have noticed that if I didn't check out the extended log file.