Trial Version 6.0.1.0 - Text Overlay Illegible

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
m_wheeler1121

Trial Version 6.0.1.0 - Text Overlay Illegible

Post by m_wheeler1121 »

I downloaded your gPhotoShow Pro screensaver last week, and most everything is understood, or answers are able to be found, except this: When each image of the slideshow is displayed, after a very short lag, an illegible text appears. It is truly illegible, although I have tried to zoom in and out, to improve the image quality of the text, but without success. I am aware that a newer version is available, and have downloaded the installation file, but I am waiting to understand version 6 before I abandon it.

Is the displayed text able to be be turned off? Is it a nag screen? Where can the text be found (e.g., Regedit, Config, etc.), or is it embedded in the EXE file?

I have attached the following screenshot that shows the current appearance.
171027 gPhotoShow Image Text Example.jpg
171027 gPhotoShow Image Text Example.jpg (71.79 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
Finally, where (or where) are your rules about activity levels (i.e., posts) needed in order to send a private message from within my account? The forum is robust, but information about this seems to be missing. Thanks, GPB!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Trial Version 6.0.1.0 - Text Overlay Illegible

Post by gpb »

Hello,
version 6.0 is very old, that text is simply a message that says your copy of gPhotoShow is not registered but because of a bug in a windows library it is not displayed correctly. A workaround was implemented on newer versions, as I wrote 6.0 is very old, you should not use it.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
m_wheeler1121

Post by m_wheeler1121 »

Thank you. I will install the newer version. Any response regarding the activity requirements versus posting private messages? Or do I always need to create a new thread, even if the question might not be for general use?

Thanks again, GPB!
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

After your second message you should be able to send private messages. Anyway you can always use the contacts form
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com