Adjust the picture exactly to the screen so that the aspect ratios do not care

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Laszlo52

Adjust the picture exactly to the screen so that the aspect ratios do not care

Post by Laszlo52 »

If I want to adjust the picture exactly to the screen so that the aspect ratios do not care, then how should I set it up? I can not say exactly what size my photos are, because there are so many. The bottom and top of some panoramic images do not fit the screen. My monitor aspect ratio 16:10. My Monitor Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP (Digital) [24" S-PVA LCD] (G286H8776Y4S).
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Adjust the picture exactly to the screen so that the aspect ratios do not care

Post by gpb »

Hello,
resizing all images to fit the screen regardless their aspect ratio normally is not a good idea, portrait oriented images would be severely deformed. For this reason WallpaperSS has a configurable autoresize feature. Open the settings window, then click on Options button and go to "Auto resize" page, choose the option "Stretch and crop image to fit the screen" and move the slider in the position you prefer. Then set the limit to stretch/crop images, click on the small icon near the limit a windows will open and here you can choose aspect ratio of your monitor and your pictures. For example move the upper slider to 16:10 and lower slider to 1:1, in this way all pictures except portrait oriented ones will be stretched.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Laszlo52

Re: Adjust the picture exactly to the screen so that the aspect ratios do not care

Post by Laszlo52 »

Hi,

"Stretch and crop image to fit the screen" and move the slider in the position you prefer"

One picture should be pulled out while the other one is to cut. In that case, where do I drag the slider, In the direction of the stretching or cropping towards? I don't understand.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I don't understand your question. What do you wish to get ?
Anyway that option is very simple, move the slider towards Stretch an picture will be stretched, move it to Crop and will be cropped. In the middle will be stretched and cropped.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Laszlo52

Post by Laszlo52 »

Thank you for answer. Your answer exact. I didn't understand this: In the middle will be stretched and cropped. Now, I understand. I leave the slider in the middle because it is necessary for me to do both (to stretching and to cropping) because I have my pictures of different sizes.