showing photo name on the popup photos?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
muffyn

showing photo name on the popup photos?

Post by muffyn »

I have info showing up on the pictures of the FOLDER name (example - vacation 2013). but it only shows up on the bIG 1st picture on the screen. But the other smaller pictures that show up on top of the background picture do not show any names. they are all from other folders. is there any way to get ALL pictures to display the name 'i' want on them/
gpb
Site Admin

Re: showing photo name on the popup photos?

Post by gpb »

Are talking about scrapbook pictures ? If yes you can configure what to display over them in the Scrapbook configuration page, in the section labeled "Information Overlay". For example you could simply choose "Same as main image"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
muffyn

Post by muffyn »

thanks for reply,
but that doesn't quite do it. since the only choice i see is "same as main image" but the scrapbook pctures are not always from the same folder, that is where i'd like each of them to pop up with their own folder name.
any help on that?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I am sorry I don't understand what you wish to get. In particular I don't understand the sentence: "where i'd like each of them to pop up with their own folder name"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
muffyn

Post by muffyn »

yes, the scrapbook pictures that show overlay on the main picture. the main picture has the folder name on the top. i wanted each scrapbook picture to have its OWN folder name. so far you suggest choosing where you can choose 'same as main image'. but, i am choosing random pictures and some of the scrapbook pictures will not be from the same folder as the main picture, so that is not what i am looking for.
i'd like each scrapbook photo to have their OWN folder name at the top of each picture. is that feasible?

sorry I am confusing you
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Yes, it's rather confusing. I don't understand what you mean with "to have their OWN folder name at the top of each picture". If you mean to "display" the folder name of each small picture this can be done. When you set "same as main image" gPhotoShow uses the same settings of the same image to display information over the small images.
If "same as main image" is not ok for you then you can choose the option "Use header configuration from image settings". To use this configuration in the page Images->Information switch to advanced settings and in the filed "Header" set what you wish to display on the small images, for example
[File.FolderName]
displays folder name of each picture.

If your question is not related to information display you should explain what you wish to do, maybe an example could help.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
muffyn

Post by muffyn »

thank you for being patient with me. I think it was mostly me not knowing correct terms. ok, so i figured out what to do in your 2nd paragraph, & i think that is what I needed, thanks