Standalone SCR file does nothing

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
dicetomato

Standalone SCR file does nothing

Post by dicetomato »

I've got a large video file (MP4) that runs in full screen on two monitors (stretched). It works when I hit preview in the gPhotoShow Pro Maker but when I save it as a SCR it does nothing when clicked or installed as a Screen Saver. I've also tried packaging it up as an installer first with Inno Setup, same thing. Any idea why it's not working? Is the file too big? It's 2.84 GB.

PS: To get Inno Setup to work I had to enable DiskSpanning in the script. Just FYI.

DiskSpanning=true
Needs to be set in the ISS script
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Standalone SCR file does nothing

Post by gpb »

Hello,
The file size limit for standalone screen saver is 4gb but I think I never tried a single file bigger than 2gb, I would try with a file smaller than 2gb
In any case consider that displaying such big video takes time, the screen saver has to extract it to a temporary folder and on normal hdd this could take several minutes, about the same time gPhotoShow takes to create it.
Another thing, on windows 64bit the screen saver must be copied to c:\Windows not to c:\Windows\system32
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
NovumLVIT

Post by NovumLVIT »

Thank you for "Another thing, on windows 64bit the screen saver must be copied to c:\Windows not to c:\Windows\system32",

I was pulling my hair out because my screen saver would run fine from the desktop but not when put it System32. Works perfectly from Windows.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Screen savers should be deployed using the installer created by gPhotoShow, it will take care of copying the .scr file in the correct folder and to include a required DirectX dll
Simply copying the .scr file to windows folder may not work.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com