Slideshow and Apple

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
iaintwoeyes

Slideshow and Apple

Post by iaintwoeyes »

Any chance of producing a version that works with Mac Books?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Slideshow and Apple

Post by gpb »

I am sorry but I think there will never be a Mac version. In a program like gPhotoShow 90% of the code is very tied to a specific system (windows in this case) and porting it on another one means a total rewrite of the program. I am considering an Android version but I don't know how much time it could take.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
t_robinson03195

Apple Mac Support

Post by t_robinson03195 »

I have run gphotoshow in a windows xp vitual machine successfully. Vitual box is a free virtual machine application for apple mac. You can even read the photos directly from the mac.
GreggP

Post by GreggP »

gpb wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:07 am I am sorry but I think there will never be a Mac version. In a program like gPhotoShow 90% of the code is very tied to a specific system (windows in this case) and porting it on another one means a total rewrite of the program. I am considering an Android version but I don't know how much time it could take.
Have you made any progress on an Android version?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

unfortunately the android version didn't materialize and at the moment I don't think it will ever be developed. gphotoshow is a windows project and will remain so at least for now
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com