Multi-Monitor Setup, Monitors Will Go Black, Then Come Back

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
dmr1784

Multi-Monitor Setup, Monitors Will Go Black, Then Come Back

Postby dmr1784 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:52 pm

I have a three monitor setup. I have manually cropped an hour long video down to three sections. I'm using the filters to tell the videos which monitors to play on. I have been using Windows Media Player to play the videos as VLC Player will get out of sync as soon as it starts playing, and WMP is perfectly in sync.

The presentation will go hours without any hiccups and then all of a sudden 1 monitor will display black, or 2 monitors will display black, then they'll come back when the presentation restarts. I'm sure they are not the monitors as I've used these monitors for a while in other scenarios.

I have enabled the error log and will report back if I encounter this issue and it generates anything in the log.

So far I've been really impressed with this program, especially the ability to assign videos to specific monitors and have them play perfectly in sync.

gpb
Site Admin

Re: Multi-Monitor Setup, Monitors Will Go Black, Then Come B

Postby gpb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

It's hard to guess what can cause the black display, usually this happens when there are no pictures to display but in this specific case probably it's a combination of factors or timings that happens only rarely and only with a log file it's possible to try to understand the cause.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

dmr1784

Postby dmr1784 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Here is one of my crashes. It actually came up with a windows crash.

Log File: https://www.hightail.com/download/elNJb ... eUp1a3NUQw

Thanks

gpb
Site Admin

Postby gpb » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks for the log file. Unfortunately it is not useful to understand what happens there. Your slideshow includes only wmv video files, these files are played by the Windows Media Player ActiveX, while playing gPhotoShow stays idle waiting for the video to finish. Since Media Player is an external component it is not easy to understand who is guilty for the crash. Maybe it's a combination of timings, I will try to reproduce the issue but I am not sure it can be fixed.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

Return to “gPhotoShow Pro (Photo Screen Saver and Slideshow Maker)”