My Wish List

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
bluejaywpg

My Wish List

Post by bluejaywpg »

Can you implement an option where the screensaver texts (all texts including time, file details, & song title, plus anything else) are not necessarily in the same location? For example for the time, have it so there's an additional option so that time appears in random corners, or floats around the edges of the screen, or something like that. To avoid burn-in for CRT or plasma users (though mine runs on LCD so that's not a worry).

Have some sort of overlay for videos so that it displays more file info than the quick filename info that appears during the VLC Media Player playback.

Have some 3D-style transitions (like pictures that flip, or morph into 3D shapes before becoming another pic, etc.)

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes by! :)
gpb
Site Admin

Re: My Wish List

Post by gpb »

Thank you very much for your feedback :)
The options to avoid burn-in will be probably implemented in the next major update.
For other features at the moment there is no plan, however I added them to our "feature request list"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
bluejaywpg

Post by bluejaywpg »

1 other option I forgot to mention...

Because I have dual monitors, I have enabled the ability to display separate pictures / videos on each monitor. Sometimes it displays 2 videos at the same time, which can be OK or can be annoying because of having 2 sources of sound. And then when 1 of the videos ends, the music starts playing while the other screen is still displaying video. So could you implement the following 2 ideas to deal with this:

* Add an option that restricts the screensaver so that only 1 video is displayed at the most (I guess this option should be greyed out if the option to display separate pictures / videos is not enabled).

* Make the screensaver only play music when there are no videos playing at all (only when playing pictures on all monitors).

Another related idea - could you implement an option where if enabled, the screensaver will not display any videos for a certain amount of time after a video finishes displaying (allow the user to choose the amount of time but perhaps default to say 2 minutes 0 seconds when this option is enabled)? The rationale behind this comes from my wife who on a few occasions commented that she didn't like how a song would just start playing for a few seconds only to be stopped by another video being played.

Another option related to the above idea would be to resume playing music where the video stopped it (IE PAUSE the music rather than STOPping it outright). Not sure how easily this can be implemented given the fact that the screensaver defers playing music to "3rd party" players like Winamp or WMP.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

bluejaywpg wrote:
1. Add an option that restricts the screensaver so that only 1 video is displayed at the most (I guess this option should be greyed out if the option to display separate pictures / videos is not enabled).

2. Make the screensaver only play music when there are no videos playing at all (only when playing pictures on all monitors).

3. could you implement an option where if enabled, the screensaver will not display any videos for a certain amount of time after a video finishes displaying (allow the user to choose the amount of time but perhaps default to say 2 minutes 0 seconds when this option is enabled)? The rationale behind this comes from my wife who on a few occasions commented that she didn't like how a song would just start playing for a few seconds only to be stopped by another video being played.

4. Another option related to the above idea would be to resume playing music where the video stopped it (IE PAUSE the music rather than STOPping it outright). Not sure how easily this can be implemented given the fact that the screensaver defers playing music to "3rd party" players like Winamp or WMP.
Thanks again for your feedback.
#1 you suggested will be implemented in version 6.
#2 is already in version 5.2.2 but it doesn't work very well, when improving DirectX code to preload images this feature was in some way broken. It should work again as expected in version 6
#3 will not be implemented for now but I added to the feature requests list
#4 will be implemented in version 6 too. It will be possible to pause/resume sound instead of stop/play next. It works well with WMP but I am not sure it can work with Winamp or iTunes.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
bluejaywpg

Post by bluejaywpg »

Another thought - when deleting a picture, often it won't confirm until a different picture is displaying. So could you implement, in order to avoid worry & confusion, having it show the filename & a small thumbnail of what was deleted?

Also, if the delete key was pressed during a transition, can the previous picture be deleted? It seems like the next picture ends up being deleted instead currently.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

bluejaywpg wrote:Another thought - when deleting a picture, often it won't confirm until a different picture is displaying. So could you implement, in order to avoid worry & confusion, having it show the filename & a small thumbnail of what was deleted?

Also, if the delete key was pressed during a transition, can the previous picture be deleted? It seems like the next picture ends up being deleted instead currently.
If the hotkey is pressed while a picture is loaded the confirmation will appear only after the process is completed. In the upcoming version 6 the configuration window will display thumbnails of the current picture and the previous one (for all monitors) so you can choose what to delete.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
bluejaywpg

Post by bluejaywpg »

Well that all sounds cool & I look forward to version 6!

For the delete feature, does this mean that we will be able to choose any # of pictures to delete? (Not just 1 but 2, all, or perhaps none?)
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

bluejaywpg wrote:Well that all sounds cool & I look forward to version 6!

For the delete feature, does this mean that we will be able to choose any # of pictures to delete? (Not just 1 but 2, all, or perhaps none?)
The confirmation window now shows thumbnails of currently displayed pictures (and previous ones), you open them, delete or simply go back to the slideshow
BTW, version 6 has been released today
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
bluejaywpg

Post by bluejaywpg »

gpb wrote:
bluejaywpg wrote:Another thought - when deleting a picture, often it won't confirm until a different picture is displaying. So could you implement, in order to avoid worry & confusion, having it show the filename & a small thumbnail of what was deleted?

If the hotkey is pressed while a picture is loaded the confirmation will appear only after the process is completed. In the upcoming version 6 the configuration window will display thumbnails of the current picture and the previous one (for all monitors) so you can choose what to delete.
I don't see this feature - looks the same as v5 (just says "File deleted successfully").
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

bluejaywpg wrote: I don't see this feature - looks the same as v5 (just says "File deleted successfully").
You must tick the option "Ask before" in the "Keys Configuration" window.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com