Image Information Placement in Collaged Images is not Correct

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
JohnS

Image Information Placement in Collaged Images is not Correct

Post by JohnS »

I have been using gPhotoScreenSaver for years, and make heavy use of "image -->Information." I wanted my WallpaperSlideShow background wallpapers photos to dissplay the identical Image information since it looked like WallpaperSlideSho and gPhotoShow Screen saver were working the same in this regards--and it does! This is GREAT!

But when I go to collages, the Image information in the collaged photos is moved up and invades close to the center of the photo, and does not look the same as the Image Information of background image of the collage, with regards to the position ofImage Information.

See the attached pic. You can see how far down is the Image Information for the background wallpaper is (way at the bottom), and then in the collaged images, which shoud be reading the same set of instirction for text palcement as the background image, the Image infomation in considerably higher, even intruding into the center area of the collaged photos and sort of ruining the collaged photos with text that should be further down and more out of the way.

The same can be said for information at the top--in the top right collaged photo there is a [EXIFComment] tag that was read and should be close to the very top. But it is much further down *ONLY* i a collage image.

is this something that needs some improvement/fixing?
Attachments
pic326039_cr.jpg
pic326039_cr.jpg (340.79 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Image Information Placement in Collaged Images is not Correct

Post by gpb »

Hello,
in the Collages configuration page, section labeled "Information Overlay", there is a button labeled "Text Settings..". This button allows you to configure size, alignment and other properties of the text used to display information on small images, you probably need to set a smaller margin at the bottom and maybe a smaller text size.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Oh, OK. I was assuming it would be using the same parameters as the background wallpaper's Image Information.

Thanks.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

I can use the exact same settings as for the background wallpaper, except I had to reduce the text size from 22 to 12. Looks real good too!

But my guess is I will have to tinker with the text size each time change the size of the collaged photos (if I ever will do that) to keep the same proportions.

It would be very handy to have an option like Keep text/margins proportional to photo size, so that whatever settings you use, if you change the photos size, the text and margins changed by the proprotion of change in new photo size--something like that.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

This is all coming together VERY nicely. My wallpapers, my collages on the wallpapers,, and also my gPhotoshow Screen saver (when it kicks in), show all the exact Image informaton for a photo! Impressive!

Here is an example of a collage from a secondary monitor, now with fixed Image Information settings for the smaller collaged photos. Screen savers look the same as the background wallpaper when the screen saver kicks in.
Attachments
pic326070_cr.jpg
pic326070_cr.jpg (285.56 KiB) Viewed 6354 times