Auto rotate of photos?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
dcbrown

Auto rotate of photos?

Post by dcbrown »

Hi,

I like the free screensaver and the transition effects.

However, some of my photos that have been taken with the camera rotated to portrait do not auto rotate to be the correct way around on the screen. So portrait photos are shown in landscape.

Is there an auto-rotate option in gPhotoShow that can read the data on the photo and display it so I don't have to rotate my head to view correctly?

Thank you.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Auto rotate of photos?

Post by gpb »

Unfortunately gPhotoShow Free Edition is not able to rotate photos automatically since it lacks support for exif tags. gPhotoShow Pro can do it and much more.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
beach004

Post by beach004 »

I only just now installed this app, the free version till I see how I like it. Some of my photos, for reason or reasons unknown, will not be oriented properly. Is there a way I can rotate them while still in gPhotoShow, rather than having to go to the photo itself? I've been able to do that with Random Photosaver by pressing the "]" key. Thanks in advance.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow Free is now able to automatically rotate images provided the Exif rotation tag is correct.
The problem is when you manually edit and rotate photos with a program that doesn't reset the exif rotation tag, in this case gPhotoShow will rotate it again and the result is a wrong orientation.
Unfortunately gPhotoShow is not able to write images for this reason you can't rotate them within the program.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com